Putty Pad is a moldable fire-rated intumescent putty material. When exposed to heat or flame Putty Pad’s quickly form a carbon char barrier which prevents the spread of flames, smoke, and toxic gases through openings in fire rated walls and partitions. Putty Pad is specifically designed to protect openings created by electrical boxes to restore up to 2-hours of fire resistance. Available in 9″ X 9″ pads for quick, easy install and can be cut to fit or ganged up to meet various sized electrical boxes.
Type of Application
Putty Pad should be stored between 41°F(5℃)~113°F(45℃) in dry locations and under protective cover in their original container. Putty Pads have a minimum 2 year shelf life. If product freezes, thaw and examine completely before use.
Not intended for continuous use underwater Do not immerse in organic solvent.
9.00” x 9.00” x 3/16” (229 x 229 x5mm)/Pad, 20 Pads/Ctn
- WALL-OPENING PROTECTIVE MATERIAL
- FIRE RESISTANCE CLASSIFICATION
- SEE UL FIRE RESISTANCE DIRECTORY
- INTERNATIONAL CARBIDE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
- Easily installed by hand, reusable and re-penetrable
- Wall opening protective tested up to 2 hours in accordance with UL 1479 (category CLIV)
- Single & multi-gang metallic boxes up to 14” (356 mm) long
- Plastic & steel faceplate’s
- 1 & 2 hr. wood or steel stud walls
- Provides draft and smoke seal
- Excellent sound insulation properties
- Non-halogenated, Asbestos free, Low VOC
- Highly intumescent when exposed to fire